Note: Applicants must be US Citizens or have authorization to work in the US.
Community Garden Farmer
Hacienda de Guru Ram Das in Espanola, NM is looking for a lead farmer for their 1.5 acre organic garden. The garden serves as a source of fresh, high-quality, organic produce for two weekly langars and will eventually provide a sangat CSA and affordable veggies for those in need in the Espanola valley. Main responsibilities are to conduct and oversee all farming activities:
- designing crop layout and planting schedules (coordinating with langar cooks)
- manage composting program (coordinating with langar cooks and ranch staff)
- execute and oversee planting, watering, weeding, and harvesting
- coordinate w/ Seva Sadhana Program Manager, and lead garden seva for program participants
- Manage sevadars in the garden and delegate tasks
- engage w/ local sangat members to develop garden sevadars
The job is full-time for 3/4 year (little to no activity in the winter months) and comes with free housing and food, with a stipend.
This is an ideal opportunity for a Kundalini Yogi seeking to deepen their practice and live in community while doing something meaningful. You ‘ll be able to participate in daily sadhana and Gurdwara, weekly Akhand Path, yoga classes and a multitude of related sangat activities.
Limited experience candidates are welcome to apply. It’s most important to have a “can do” attitude, commitment to service, a willingness to learn and implement sustainable organic farming practices.