Fill Out an Application
The personal retreat program is offered on a sliding scale of $11 to $27 per day which covers housing and food costs. Intensive retreats pricing is a set cost depending upon the retreat.
How to Get Here
Fly into Albuquerque or Santa Fe. If you fly into Albuquerque, use one of the following to get yourself to Santa Fe or Espanola:
- Twin Hearts Shuttle – travels between Albuquerque Airport, Santa Fe, and Espanola. Phone: 800-654-9456 or 505-751-1201
- *Sandia Shuttle Express (sandiashuttle.com) – only travels between Albuquerque Airport and Santa Fe. Phone: 888-775-5696 or 505-474-5697.
- *Rail Runner (nmrailrunner.com) – light rail train from Albuquerque to Santa Fe.
*Options 2 and 3 only get you to Santa Fe – you’ll have to let us know your schedule so we can help you get to the Hacienda de Guru Ram Das Ashram.
If you’re driving, use your favorite navigation system to get to 7 Narayan Court, Espanola NM 87532.
What to Bring
Here’s a short list of some things to bring. Keep in mind, as part of living in this spiritual community, modest attire is the norm. You will receive a more detailed list upon registration.
- clothes for yoga and morning sadhana – including a head covering, mat or sheepskin, and shawl or blanket
- work clothes (including a hat w/ a visor for shade) for doing physical labor and that you don’t mind getting dirty
- boots or very sturdy closed-toe shoes
- water bottle
- flash light
Bedding is provided, and a washing machine and dryer will be available. Sevadars are expected to wash their bed sheets at least once a week and upon leaving.
- Sevadars are expected to coordinate with one another for shared meals. Often there is an abundance left over from weekly langar for sevadars have during the week.
- Staple foods are provided: rice, mung beans, lentils, other beans, oatmeal, raisins, almond milk, etc. Fresh produce will be available from the Guru Amar Das Community Garden.
- In off season supplemental veggies are provided
- Sevadars are in charge of cleaning up after yourself and maintaining a clean living space – each sevadar will choose a simple karma yoga job to perform weekly to keep the space orderly.