The Seva Sadhana Program provides an opportunity to live and learn in a community of fellow spiritual seekers, integrating the benefits of your practice into your life. Join the living legacy of the teachings of Yogi Bhajan and return home inspired to develop your own community.
- Daily sadhana in a community of Kundalini Yoga practitioners (some who have been practicing 40+ years)
- Shared meals & three Ashram community meals every week – the Gurus Langar
- Daily and weekly Gurdwara services
- Weekly Akhand Path – continuous reading of Siri Guru Granth Sahib (Sikh holy scripture)
- Community events and meditations
- Enjoy the fellowship of Ashram-style living and experience community life
What to Expect
|The residents of the Hacienda de Guru Ram Das Ashram practice the 3HO lifestyle and technology of Sikh Dharma; members of the community grow their hair, cover their heads, are lacto-vegetarians, and do not use any substances such as alcohol, drugs or tobacco. Many wear white clothing. We ask that you dress modestly and remove your shoes while indoors.
Most of the Ashram community members live a short distance away from the Ashram. The Ashram serves as a center that brings the community together for morning Sadhana, Gurdwara Service, Langar (community meals), and other events. Most of the community have families and work outside of the Ashram, and they may not able able to attend morning Sadhana or participate in all the seva that the Seva Sadhana program focuses on.
The Seva Sadhana program is a revitalizing force for the Ashram and strives to embody the spirit of spiritual community that Yogi Bhajan set in motion. By serving we are uplifted, and we uplift others, and as a community we rise to a new level.